Last week, I introduced you to my latest project, the “Little Parisienne” Nursery, for Lexi of Glitter Inc, who’s expecting a baby girl in July. The nursery features a sophisticated feminine colour palette of black, cream, gold, silver and pale pink. We’ve incorporated OhJoy!’s Petal Pusher wallpaper in the design, though it won’t likely make it into the finished room, as the family will move to a new city next year. But I think this shelf vignette really captures the essence of this Luxe Parisian-inspired nursery.
RESOURCE LIST (links are clickable)
- Petal Pusher Wallpaper in Gold, OhJoy! for Hygge & West
- Paris Print, Rifle Paper Co
- Gold Sequin Letter, Miss Poppy Design
- Bonjour Print, SS Printshop
- Wooden Unicorn, Acorn Toy Shop
- Elle Lacquer Storage Box Set, Swing Design
- Mini Rodini Jaguar Print Sunglasses, Alex and Alexa
- Elephant Menagerie Bookend, Serena & Lily
- Puffin Children’s Classics, Set of 10
- Uashmama Gold Paper Bag, Safari Living or here for the gold/ white version
- Jess Brown Doll, Loup Charmant
- Heart Art, DIY. See my tutorial here.
- Eloise Ultimate Edition, Kay Thompson & Hilary Knight
- Mid-century Bookcase, Dwellstudio
- Madeline, Ludwig Bemelmans
- Cat Push Toy, Mann & Simon
- Maileg Ballerina Mouse, My Sweet Muffin
- Angelina Ballerina, Katharine Holabird and Helen Craig
- Gold Tiara Headband, Atsuyo et Akiko
- Olivia Board Book, Ian Falconer
- The Dear Ones Bunny, Oh Albatross, on Etsy
- Knitted Blankets, Yarningmade
- Metallic Pandan Bins, Serena & Lily
- Platinum Moccasins, Freshly Picked
- Platinum Caryall, Freshly Picked
Before we discuss some of the smaller items from this shelf in more detail, I wanted to introduce you to Maven Dolls, designed and made by Lee Talbot. I’ve only just discovered them, or I would have included them in the style board for this room. They are so absolutely amazing, especially for this Parisian-inspired nursery, that I thought it fitting to include them here. I have a strong feeling that one or two of them will end up in the completed room.
Are they not just so chic? I cannot get over the colours. Now, back to the shelf! These pale pink lacquered storage boxes (#6) from Swing Design are so dainty and feminine. Perfect for tidying away small objects and keepsakes. They’re also a little pricey but you could try a DIY version, like this one by Kate Riley at Centsational girl.
How about these specs by Mini Rodini (#7). Available at Alex&Alexa in various shades of animal print!
I can’t get enough of this Puffin Classics collection (#9). I have most of them in Olivia’s room. They add such a lovely dose of colour to my little bookshelf mockups. They’re currently available as a set at One King’s Lane.
Uashmama makes these amazing durable, washable paper bags (#10). They’re available in a range of sizes and colours, including my favourite- metallics.
These Jess Brown dolls (#11) are so elegant. I especially love Jess Brown’s collaboration with design label Atsuyo et Akiko.
And matching Atsuyo et Akiko tutu and accessories
I created this tutorial for a DIY heart painting with this room in mind. See my tutorial on Apartment Therapy.
Oh my, I’ve just discovered this doll, which is going to have to make its way into one of my designs but would also be perfect for this space. And you can have your child’s name embroidered directly onto the doll.
Have you seen these gorgeous hand knitted blankets by Yarningmade? I’m so in love with them. And they now come in crib size too (they’re not inexpensive but bear in mind how many hours go into making them).
And I couldn’t end this post without blabbing about my latest obsession. I was over the moon last week when I received a pair of Heirloom Moccasins, from Freshly Picked, to review. And what’s even more exciting is that they are giving me a pair to GIVE AWAY to one of my lovely readers! I’m thinking I’ll start the giveaway on July 7, so make sure you check back before then (see the GIVEAWAY widget on the sidebar). And now I leave you with this image of those drool-worthy (literally) Moccasins and Caryall bag (#25) in my favourite colour, Platinum!